Vinay Bihari is the Art, Culture and Youth Affairs Minister of Bihar, a state which has produced the likes of Bhikhari Thakur, Bismillah Khan and Sharada Sinha.
The Cultural Credit of Vinay Bihari is mostly his ability to write songs and he plays lyricist for Bhojpuri Films.
This week a film named “Jaan Lebu Ka Ho” was released in theatres, the songs of which have been written by the Honourable Culture Minister. Here is a sample of some of those songs (with attempted translation:
1. “लचके कमरिया, सरके चुनरिया, जान लेबू का हो ” (Your waist shakes, Chunari goes down, will you kill me ..)
2. “देहिया फैलल जाता राजा महँगाई जे करे… ” [(My) Body is expanding, Raja like Inflation.. ]
3. “चोलिया के खोल दीं बटाम…” [Open the buttons of the blouse (!) ]
4. “सैयाँ सेजिया पे आवते पथर जाला हो…” [Lover becomes like a rock on bed (?)]
5. “कहिया चालू करब हमर लभ के मशीन…” [ When will you start Love’s Machine ?]
Attached the trailer of ‘Jaan Lebu Ka Ho’ for publicity.
With this, I rest my case.
RIP Bhojpuri. RIP Bihari Culture.